In Lesvos Island, where the olive tree becomes the symbol of the region and the oilreaches its supreme quality, rather than any other place in Greece, the Tzortzi’s family olive groves are synonymous with the “treasure” of this land.
Driven by thepast and the 100 years of family tradition and experience in olive growing, wehave been operating since 2006 in the field of standardization, production and marketing of organic and conventional olive oil, possessing the secrets of proper cultivation and passing them on from generation to generation. A family business which was set up through a series of investments in facilities for standardizing the production of family olive groves, the setup of a network of marketing production and finally the construction of a modern olive press.
Based on the 350 acres of olive groves that we possess in Pigi and Komi villages, our ultra modern proprietary olive press, which is capable of producing cold pressed olive oil, and our standardization unit, we produce and pack the extra virgin organic olive oil “Olvia”, the extra virgin olive oil “Eleon” and the virgin olive oil “Eleon”with special responsibility.
By using the fruit of the olive varieties of our land (adrammytini and kolovi) as our raw material…
By strictly applying the regulations on organic farming…
With love …
… we put onyour plate and in your daily diet, extra virgin organic olive oil. And we go on…
In 1935, in the 1st International Fair of Thessaloniki, the grand father of Michael Tzortzis, (Michael Tzortzis as well) took the silver award by exposing the green olive oil that he had produced, while in the 26th Thessaloniki International Fair.
In 1955, his grand father John Kanlis (from his mother’s side) won the bronze medal for the production of the samekind of green olive oil.
In the 1970s, Mr. Tzortzis’ father standardized olive oil in large canisters with brand name “Assos”.
Today, thegrandson Michalis Tzortzis exploits the mountain olive groves of the family, inwhich are mainly cultivated Adrammytini and Kolovi varieties.”The olive oil produced in the region of Pigi is of excellent quality. The older ones remember that olive oil traders always gave something more when they bought olive oil from our region. “
1) Our company is certified for the storage and standardization of olive oil according to thestandard, FSSC 22000, by TUV Austria Hellas.
2) DIO, Inspection and Certification Organization of Organic Products, certifies that our company has satisfied the requirements of Reg (EC)834/2007 and all of its modifications, regarding the processing of agricultural products and the packing, storage and trading of olive oil.
3) Our company is certified for the olive oil pressing and production of olive oil according to the standard, ISO 22000: 2005, by the DIO.
4) Our company has been registered to the records of the Ministry of Rural Development and Food as an Approved Standardization Olive Oil Company with the certificate number EL40-1535. Our company is also certified based on the Demeter standard (for the production of products and services of biodynamic cultivation).
- 2009 Premiobiol: Bio Quality Oil distinction, 3rd best Greek organic olive oil.
- 2010 Premiobiol: 2nd best Greek organic olive oil.
– Kotinos Olive Oil Awards: Olvia won the Silver Medal.
4th Festival of Olive and Olive Oil: Olvia won the Gold Taste Award and the 1st place.
- 2011 Eleotechnia: 2 gold medals and 1 bronze medal for green olive oil’s innovative appearance.
- 2012 5th Festival of Olive and Olive Oil: Olvia won the Gold Taste Award the 1st place.
– Premiobiol: Olvia won the Gold Medal, 1st place in the Greek Classification.
- 2013 E ladi inos: Olvia won the 2nd place.
- 2014 Premiobiol: Olvia received the Silver Medal.
- 2015 Premiobiol: Olvia green olive oil wonthe Extra Gold Medal, 1st place in the Greek Classification.
– Premibiol: Olvia won the GoldMedal.
– 6th Festival of Olive and Olive Oil: Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil won the Silver Medal.
– Eleotechnia: Gold Aristion for Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2016 Biolkids: Olvia green olive oil won the Extra Gold Medal, the winner among 400 organic olive oils.
- Premiobiol: Olvia green oliveoil received the Extra Gold Medal.
- Biolnovello: Olvia green oliveoil won the Extra Gold Medal
- IOOC ATHENA: Olvia won the Gold Medal and the 1st place.
- Kotinos Olive Oil Awards: Olvia won the Bronze Medal.
- London IOOC: Eleon Extra VirginOlive Oil won the Gold Aristion.
- 2017 Kotinos Olive Oil Awards: Olvia received the Gold Medal and won the 1st place in the competition’s classification.
- 7th Festival of Olive and Olive Oil: Olvia won the Gold Medal and the 1st place.
- Biolnovello: Olvia won the Silver Medal.
- London IOOC: Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil won the Silver Aristion.
- Premiobiol: Olvia was awarded the Silver Medal.
- Great Taste Award: Olvia won the Golden Star.
- 2018 Kotinos Olive Oil Awards: Olvia won the 1st place and the Gold Medal.
- IOOC ATHENA: Olvia won the Gold Medal and Eleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil won the Silver.
- Premiobiol: Olvia received the Gold Medal.
- 16th quality competition French AVRA-Paris: Diplom Produit Gourmet 2018.
Olvia Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
Olvia is an extra virgin organic olive oil, product of organic farming derived from the fruit of the olive varieties of our land, Adrammytini and Kolovi, grown in the highlands olive groves of Tzortzis family in the heart of Lesvos.
Olvia is characterized by its balanced flavor, bright color and intense aromatic character. It’s great in fresh salads, grilled fish, roast chicken and in the cooking of legumes. Organic olive oil is olive oil derived from organic olives. According to the principles of organic farming there are specific rules and practices to be used for fertilization, disease control, tree arrangement in the olive grove, pruning. The use of chemical or other in organic fertilizers, aerial spraying, the use of pesticides, herbicides andinsecticides is prohibited.
Olvia Green Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
Green olive oil has stronger antioxidant properties than common olive oil due to its higher content of phenols ,which also have antithrombotic action. It provides monounsaturated fatty acids, as well as vitamin E, which limits the action of free radicals and the harmful effects they cause on our body.
It is in the mountain olive groves owned by the Tzortzis family that olives are grown with artistry… and it is within their super-modern olive press that the production and standardization process of the extra virgin olive oil Eleon takes place.
Olive oil obtained directly from olives and solely by mechanical means.
Address: Komi – Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece, Postcode 811 00 , EU
Τelephone: +30.22510 47241